Role: Facilities Assistant
Engagement: One (1) year
Consultancy Fee Range: $10K to $12K subject to experience and knowledge
Required: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Desired: International Facilities Management Association (IFMA) credential: Facility Management Professional (FMP).
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING
Minimum of five (5) years experience operating in the selection and management of third-party facility and fleet providers.
Must possess a valid Light Vehicle Driver’s Permit.
NOTE: Any relevant combination of qualifications and experience at an appropriate level to competently perform required duties will be considered.
• Pays attention to detail.
• High energy and results-oriented.
• Strong and creative thinker who is intellectually curious.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with customers, and contractors.
• Ability to routinely work on multiple tasks with multiple people while effectively prioritizing.
• Good organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities.
• Strong team player who can incorporate input from others and can generate consensus through inclusion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze service records to predict imminent failure and take proactive restorative action.
• Conduct periodic walk-throughs with the Project Management Office/ Line of Business to facilitate sign-off and hand-over to Line of Business.
• Determine project requirements by consultation with Line of business/requestor and perform site visits and develop the scope of works and/or business case.
• Develop scope of works for services to be outsourced.
• Ensure that repair work is conducted in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
• Ensure vendor adherence to contracts, schedules, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and costs.
• Manage contractors’ execution of jobs as well as ultimately evaluate suppliers. Track and manage the project scope and control changes to the project scope. Assess project performance and maximize return on investment. Coordinate cross-project activities by monitoring and organizing interconnected projects and making optimal usage of resources within the division.
• Minimize downtime caused by failed or failing components, devices, or systems, which support the company’s facilities and fleet.
• Optimize the efficiency of facility and fleet management using modern tools and techniques.
• Perform other related duties that may be assigned by the Manager from time to time.
All interested candidates are asked to email a PDF version of their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Facilities Assistant"
Applications are to be submitted on or before October 27, 2023.