Posted on behalf of a recruitment partner.
We are recruiting for a facilities manager; the incumbent will be responsible for planning and executing the company’s annual building maintenance and development plans for all facilities in a manner that is consistent with the company’s strategic goals and objectives and in conformance to standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate and oversee all maintenance activities at each location.
• Proactively schedules maintenance of all equipment, facilities, and grounds.
• Prepare and manage the annual maintenance budget.
• Ensure that adequate resources are available at all times to support maintenance activities.
• Plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives
• Manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
• Ensure buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with company standards
• Plan best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organizing of current premises
• Check that agreed to work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
• Coordinate and lead one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility
• Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
• Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
• Schedule and supervise maintenance repair work and assist with checking installation and servicing building equipment
• Maintain stock levels and parts within budget
• Maintain ongoing communication with contractors, clients, and team
• Keep up to date with a budget and attend meetings to present on facilities' budget
• Prepare preparation and forecasting as needed
Building Structure and Structural Elements
Decor and Finishes
Plumbing and Waste Treatment
Air Conditioning and Venting
Conducts on-site surveys and assessments of the facilities to determine their specific needs
Generators – The supervision of this Servicing and getting the license to operate these Generators
Gas (LPG) – Manages the inspection of tanks and the approval of gas storage.
Identifies works to be done while highlighting critical areas of priority and areas of opportunities.
Obtains estimates for the works identified: Based on the identified works, a minimum of three (3) quotations should be obtained.
Obtains approval for the expenditure for the project
Manages the expenditure on projects
Developing a preventative maintenance schedule
Maintenance and repairs
Prepares Facilities’ Needs Report with associated budgets on an annual basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree in Facilities Management or another related area of study
A minimum of five (5) yearsâ€™ experience in the field of Facilities and Maintenance
Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and project management software
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Attends to Detail – Ensure accuracy and thoroughness of data.
• Takes responsibility
• Applies Professional, Product, or Technical Expertise to real-world situations.
• Demonstrates Openness and Respect for Others – Remain open to new ideas and perspectives.
• Thinks critically
• Decision Making – Improve the speed and direction of decisions by clarifying and setting goals, sharing perspectives on reality, and creating consensus on a way forward.
• Ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities
• Ability to work productively in an environment with high levels of interruption.
• Demonstrate a strong customer service orientation in all interactions.
• Work independently, with minimal supervision.
Interested candidates, please send your updated resume to email@example.com with the subject email facilitates manager.